Saturday, February 6, 2010

5 Steps till daylight

Life is ever changing.. and ever changing I hope it stays. To be thrown a selection of ropes and allowed to choose which one to climb up. In my case, swinging as far out as I possibly can before letting go into unknown waters! The thrill of the fall, the landing in the cool flow of river... and then letting it take me away, still head above water. I can't imagine my life sitting still. I can't imagine it without change or adventure. The serenity of nature, the complexity of culture, and the longing for experience. This is what makes a youth grow wiser. This is what makes my heart feel happiness. This is what makes me live.

I venture to Djerba, Tunisia- Africa this Thursday for 6 days. It will be a new continent, new culture, new adventure. I can't imagine what it's going to be like, but updates after my travels will be posted. Totally going the the Sahara and riding a camel! Amsterdam is second on the list. That will happen the weekend after I get back from Tunisia. By the way, it's our February break in case you were wondering if I ever go to classes. Unfortunately, the answer is yes and they are pretty intense this semester. I'm taking 2 Political Science classes, a history class and 2 French Literature classes. However, I do only have classes from Monday to Wednesday so I have a 4 day weekends, and I'm in heaven!
There's been so much snow lately, and it's glorious. Of course I try to go snowboarding whenever I can. Other than that.. I had the Spectacle (theatre and it was superb!) and went laser tagging, going away parties, birthday parties, Reggae Concert, and dancing the night away until 5am (on a Tuesday). There is much more that I'm leaving out, but I can't tell all the stories in one sitting!
Looking forward to weekends ahead, travels and fun times. Not looking forward to all the school work coming up :(

It's hard to imagine how undiscovered I am. Sometimes I forget how much I don't even know about myself. But I have realized something- with change, a person changes too. Although it's not necessarily a personality change, we all have these qualities within. But with each change that occurs around, different parts of our personality expand and we discover a little more of ourselves.
I never want to lose sight of how important change can be in life. How refreshing and imaginary. I never want to be stunk in a world of simplicity, but want to unearth simplicity of the world.
Today I'm pursuing 5 steps of daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)