Sunday, March 14, 2010

XGames Europe and Reflection!


What a killer weekend! I can't believe the things I get to do here!
After a crazy week of exposes, dissertations and exams that I didn't know about, I took off for a weekend of fun, après-ski and snowboarding! Just the sight of the 6 meter tall, 122 meter long half pipe and the huge slope-style jumps made my knees shake in excitement! I couldn't believe I was at the first ever XGames Europe! Something I'd always watched on TV, hoping one day I would get to see it live, finally happened. Although I didn't get to see Shaun White pull out a Front Double Cork 1080, or a 1260 Double McTwist, but I got to see some of the other best pro-snowboarders of the day. Unfortunately, I didn't get to take my own board, but was able to test out the new Oxbow girls line for the day while riding up the lift watching the men's slope-style. The evenings were spent standing at the base of the super-pipe watching the men pull out their tricks! I don't want to sound anti-feminist when I say this, but apart from Torah Bright, the girls just really have a hard time pulling out the same tricks as the guys.
It sure did make me want to pick up a board, pretend I was pro and give it a shot!
Anything is possible right? Ha.



Après-ski was amazing, hanging out with awesome people and having a good time. The company of the whole weekend was excellent and the atmosphere, perfect.


Not to mention, I got to see David Guetta play!



On the other note, I came to the realization how much I'm going to miss this place when I leave. I've fallen in love with the culture, the opportunities, the traveling, the mountains, the lifestyle, the people.
I have only another two months left in this beautiful place. I don't know how time has gone by so fast.
I have no idea what my future holds for me and I have no intention on trying to figure it out...yet- it's in God's hands and when He's ready, He'll tell me, I just have to be ready to listen!
My life is like a never-ending rainbow... even when there is rain, the sun is always shining bright enough to show me how beautiful the colors of my life really are!
And it's oh-so amazing!

1 comment:

  1. hey, seems like you had loads of fun!! Tignes itself is great, it was my first time snowboarding and I loved!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a Must! :)