Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reflections

I can't believe it's almost the end of March! Where has all the time gone? Just last month it was September, I was getting off a train with all of my baggage, wondering where in the world I was (I was Grenoble, France, I knew) but I had no idea how to get where I need to go. Now I know this city, how to get from place to place, tram times, which mountain I will see if I look a certain direction, how long it takes me to get from point A to point B, and I have not driven a car (or needed one) in over 6 months- public transportation here is amazing. I've seen summer go, fall almost completely skipped, winter start from top, working it's way down to bottom, and spring start from bottom, working up. I've seen the days get shorter, the mountains become white, and the people turn black (that's what happens in winters here- the french wear black, black and more black), and now the sun's back out, spring on its way, birds chirping, the people turn back, the days get longer, the sun gets warmer, and the cafe's are filled with people and the campus is hopping with students sitting outside enjoying the warmth. Classes are coming to an end, stress for exams is piling up, and all I want to do is play outside and enjoy the last two months I have here in Grenoble.
Unfortunately, the snow on the mountain is melting, meaning snowboarding season is coming to an end for me.. which completely bums me out, but I've had the best season of my life and would never take it back! I still have a few more weeks, let's hope, because I would hate to spend my spring break trying to board the Swiss Alpes in two weeks with no snow.
Apart from the 4 exposes I still have to do before classes end, the studying, the beautiful weather outside when I'm stuck in class (writing this)- I'm still relatively happy and worry-free. I feel like running to the world's end and back. I have so much energy for life! (or maybe that's just the petite cafe I drank to keep me awake during this class) Either way, I feel this overwhelming happiness of life. God is great! None of this would be possible without Him. I don't think I'd feel this joy otherwise.
I have wonderful things to look forward to in the future- travels, family, friends and new things when I get back to the States- just a whole new chapter of my life. I think God can use me for great things!
I never want to be bored with life. I love the excitement, anxiety and freshness of change. I love the rush of being constantly busy. I think it's my way of life.. it always has been. Thanks Mom ;)~
Speaking of which, my mom and Aunt Faye come in less than 2 months to visit! It will be 8 months in May since I've seen my family. I wish my dad was able to come too, since I won't see him until after my summer travels.
And to pass away boring time, I'm glaring outside every 3 minutes, half-listening to the expose being presented and looking at this french guy (the one "acquaintance" I have in this class) and making "omg.. I'm so bored, please shoot me" faces. I wish my french was better.. there are so many things I would like to say but just can't get it out fast enough to keep up in conversation with all the frenchies. I really thought by this time I would be so much better than I am. Dang it for not finding a french boyfriend! Although, most of the french guys I've met and had some attraction to were wankers- and we all know there can only be one wanker in a relationship (and definitely not two defined on one person!) :)- Maybe next time around.. Je dois revenir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)