Monday, April 7, 2014

Living as "The Girl Next Door" in the French Alps

For those of you that haven't noticed yet, I have started a "living series." Each post I write for the next couple of months will be tagged, labelled and will be titled with "Living" in some form or another. hashtag #thelivingseries
I thought this would be an interesting way to portray my writing, as I'm currently "living" abroad and "living" life to the fullest possible. So today's topic: Living as "The Girl Next Door."

That's right, I'm the girl next door. Maybe in the traditional sense as well, who knows, but I'm talking literally, "the girl next door." The girl next door to a really attractive, who happens to be pretty awesome, French guy... with a girlfriend. First off, I hope he never reads this because it would be incredibly embarrassing (or funny), depending on how you look at it. However, I am completely attracted to said French man, but not-so-much that he has a girlfriend.

I'm not sure why I tend to want things I can't have - oh wait, I think that comes with life and probably my personality as well. But unfortunately, this one will have to remain friends. I can still look right?

Just kidding. He lives on the 4th floor.


On a side note, Spring is in the air... everywhere I look around. The flowers are in full bloom, the lower mountains have shed their white blankets for a fresh green canvas and the air is warm in the valley. The people are out and about and Oeli is enjoying basking in the sun on a daily basis. You can't beat a long bike right from the city into the French countryside, where horses roam, three mountain ranges surround you in all directions, the air is warm and the sun is shining down on your face. That's how I spent my Sunday afternoon in the beautiful French Alps. I don't think I can give this up any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)