Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Arriving to Nashville, Oeli's sick :-(

Last night I arrived in Nashville.. after the 11 hr long drive. Exhausting. I found my way really easily, and for the first time in a while Mapquest didn't give me one wrong direction! The drive was very lonely though but I jammed out to music on the radio the whole time. Note: the good thing about being in a south.. there is ALWAYS a good country station playing some good 'ol honky tonk! I finally got to Austin's around 9:30pm (which is 8:30pm here) and hung around, had some hamburgers, showered and relaxed after the long drive. We made a list of the awesome things we are going to do while I'm here.

I'm pretty excited about heading downtown today. We're going to hit up the Opry Mall and a friend of Austin's invited us to go to this little place where musicians will be playing tonight. My first musical adventure while here in Music Land!


OELI:
This morning I woke up to my phone ringing from Daddy. I knew Oeli wasn't feeling well, but we thought he got exhausted from running outside in the heat all yesterday. But he didn't get any better, so my dad took him to the vet this morning and found out he somehow caught Parvo. When my dad told me there's a 50/50 chance he'll live, I broke down. Now all I can do is pray. The most important thing is to keep him hydrated. So we'll be feeding him Pediasure and Gatoraid and keep telling him to fight it. He can't die while I'm gone.. he just can't. I love that puppy with everything in me. Please, please pray for him. He's strong. I know he can make it through, but any extra prayer and encouragement goes a long way!!

Oeli has been and will be constantly on my mind as I venture out into my day.
Thank you Daddy for taking care of him!

:Pictures will be coming!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for Oeli. When my cat was a year old, she went into a coma, and I was bawling as I rushed her to the vet, so I can understand where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a Must! :)