Saturday, November 7, 2009

Right around the Corner

I woke up this morning to light shining through my window, wondering what that horrible noisy was. It was 6:45am and I forgot to turn off my phone alarm before going to sleep last night. Maybe that was due to being exhausted from the great soiree last night and having to give drunk people piggy back rides home? I fell back asleep, thankfully, since it had only been about 4.5 hours that I'd actually been asleep.
To my surprise when I looked out the window after waking up the second time, the mountains greeted me with beautiful scenery and complete snow covered tops. I realized that all the rain we'd been getting here lately, was all very much worth it.
Here I am now, writing this blog, drinking a cup of tea, and being completely mesmerized by the sight of such beauty.
It's true- winter is just a mountain top away here.
It's been about a week since I've been back from my Eastern European travels. Fortunately I got all my work done on time, I'm still not sure how.
I've enjoyed another Fondue night, a Salsa dancing night and a soiree with many friends in the last week. Not to mention the constant thought of snowboarding that's been on my mind! I bought a new pair of boots and pants the other day and in about two weeks the slopes should be open!
Classes are classes and I still dread waking up at 7:30 every morning, long Mondays and boring lectures.
I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do for Christmas, and avoid the fact that I won't be with my family this year. At least it's likely that I'll have a white Christmas!
My birthday is just 2 weeks away now, and I still have no idea what I'm going to do for it. It's not a far stretch to say that people will go out with me on a Monday here (that's what I love about Grenoble), but whether or not I want to torture myself having to wake up early the next morning is the question.
I guess I'll see where my tree takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)