Friday, November 27, 2009

Mountains, My 21st Birthday, and Thanksgiving!

This week has definitely been a packed one.
I got a little homesick with everything happening.
My birthday and Thanksgiving were both in the same week- and it made me miss spending it with family and friends from back home. Despite the fact that I'm now 21 and can legally drink in the United States, (which it finally hit me yesterday as I was sitting at our American Thanksgiving dinner with friends), and this year means nothing here!

The mountain trip last weekend was a blast. Hiking, yummy vin chaud, huge party that lasted into the wee hours of the morn, and when you integrate different cultures together, you find out just how much fun it can be. I learned some new games, played cards, and really had a good time!!

Which fell over onto my birthday on Monday. I wasn't really feeling it. It was a dreary day, I had 3 classes, an expose to present, plus my theatre group that night (which I left early) because some friends threw a little soiree for me before we headed out to meet a huge group of friends at a pub. I sure did celebrate my "21st" though, way too much (although I heard it's never too much on your birthday)!!!



Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and if I were home, I wouldn't have had class at 8:30am this morning, and I would be eating delicious leftovers!
Thankfully, a whole bunch of us American's, a few Canadian's, an Aussie, a Japanese and a french got together to celebrate a good American style Thanksgiving lunch/dinner (where the common language was English!- although we did have a lot of french spoken throughout). We didn't have turkey- all we could get our hands on was rotisserie chicken, but we did have mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, rice, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, bread and some cinnamon apples and banana bread for dessert. Overall- I only missed having cranberry sauce and fried turkey. (I'm making myself really hungry right now).
Was going to go dancing last night, but by the time I got to that point, I had been out with some friends for about 2 hours already and I was cold and I swear, I can't get rid of this darn sickness. My throat has been killing me, again, but I refuse to go to the doctor again. If I go again, I'm telling them to take my tonsils out. So I just came back and went to sleep.
Tomorrow- first day of snowboarding!! Woot. Can't wait. I hope my knee holds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)