Sunday, October 4, 2009

Getting Excited!

Things are starting to happen! :)
Next weekend I will be in Morocco. How exciting. Although I didn't get to go to October Fest this weekend (really sad about that) I still had a good weekend.
Thursday night consisted of meeting Nathalie (awesome girl) at the Hilite concert on campus. Interesting music, and she introduced me to some really cool people. But I ended up leaving kind of early because my knee was hurting from earlier that day from the trampo session for my snowboarding class.
Thank goodness we don't have classes on Friday's for a while anymore. I really looked forward to sleeping in on Friday and just being able to hang out without worrying about anything. Since I couldn't go to October Fest, I had thought about going to Lyon for the day on Friday, but I decided to save the money for Morocco and Eastern Europe.
Friday night we had a little soiree, that turned into going out to O'Callahan's.. another little Irish pub, that closed way too early, so we stopped at this other place that stayed open till 2am. Unfortunately, we had missed the last tram by then, so we had to walk by. NOT good on the knee that was already hurting, but I made only to have my knee killing me the next day.
Word from the wise: Don't don't a pain killer on an empty stomach!
So I spend the rest of the feeling terribly sick, staying in bed until it finally passed and I had thrown up all the liquid's I had drank thank morning.
Went out to see "Le petit Nicolas" last night, too cute!
And just came back, finished my book and went to sleep.

That book made me really think about things... I went to sleep feeling kind of low.. which probably made me dream the dream I had.
I've had this dream before...but this time it was a little different.

I'm running, and I'm running on some back roads in Suffolk. It's dusk. I can barely see. But nothing hurts when I'm running. It almost feels like I'm floating. But I feel my feet touch the road every time. I keep running. It keeps getting darker. I try to make it home before it gets pitch dark. But for some reason, I can't make myself run faster. I'm just at the same pace. I'm fighting, fighting, fighting and yet I just keep the floating steps at the same steady speed. I pass someone else running on the road. I could hear her thoughts and it scared me. I tried to run faster, but I couldn't. There was an emotion in her I couldn't figure out. It was almost angry. I tried to let her know everything was okay, but it didn't matter what I said, or thought. She could hear my thoughts too. Finally I passed her, but I kept hearing her think she's just up ahead, I can catch up. And then it was black. I couldn't see where I was running anymore. Trees were surrounding the road on both sides. I had to follow the road by how I could feel it under my feet, trying not to run off the road. I wasn't sure if I would make it, but when finally I escaped from the darkness, the night was lit by the moon. I kept running. I was close to home now. I knew were I was. I only had two more roads to go. It was starting to get lighter. The moon was shining more brightly. There were people walking on the road in front of me. There were thinking things that I couldn't hear. Too many thoughts. I kept running, still with the same steadiness. Where was I going? I thought I was going home. I was running toward home, wasn't I? At that moment, I realized I had been running towards home, but not the physical home I thought I was running too, that was the opposite way.
I could see it, there was the sign that read Box Elder Road, I then I knew I wasn't far from home.. I was practically there, and that's where my heart belonged.
I woke up.

1 comment:

  1. And now you have not just a dream, but a songwriting co-credit. How awesome is that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a Must! :)