Sunday, May 9, 2010

I would...

Instead of taking this precious time to study.. what do I do? Write a blog! I've also spent most of the afternoon looking up interesting places to volunteer during the 3 weeks I have "free travel" during the summer. I figured I've been taking the last year for "me time" I might as well give some of that back.. whether it is just something small, something I enjoy (i.e. working with horses) and isn't for a long period of time. Speaking of which, "me time" this weekend has been amazing. After celebrating 2 birthday's, going into town 2 out of 3 nights, intensely living up Berlioz, and staying up dancing a night away, yet again, I'm exhausted! I can't wait to see what this summer is going to be like! Can a body really run on 4 hours of sleep a night? It can't be healthy, but it sure is fun!
Last full week here in Grenoble. The current crap weather is making me ready to start my travels... yet the continual snow-topped mountains keep my mind complacent and content.
Just a side note: I found out that Cafe Berlioz- (the little cafeteria outside of my residence) sells beer! I'm going to miss the lack of alcoholic obedience when I get back to the States. It's a shame when you find an alcoholic restrictive country (US) has more problems with alcohol than a country where you can have table wine at whatever age your parents decide to give it to you, and you can purchase legally at the age of 16. Maybe the U.S. should think this through a little. It doesn't help that the lack of public transportation plays a big role into it. But when a majority of the population already drinks under-age and can seriously be penalized for having even the smallest amount consumed, I hate to say it, but "Vive la France!"
People here respect it here, drink wine with almost every meal. It's not until you're restricted from doing something that you truly want to rebel.... Or you could just be a college student. I'm rambling thoughts from my head.

Wishing the sun would come out, my exams would be over, or I had at least some motivation to study in the first place, and mainly that time would slow down!

Must.Live.Up.Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)