Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The beginnings..

Last night turned out to be grand! We all headed to town a little earlier this time.. we rolled deep with about 11 people and figured we must be able to find some where! We were supposed to go to that big international gathering, but when we couldn't find where exactly it was, we decided to just stop at the nearest place.
We stopped at this bar (don't know the name), stayed there for a while just talking and carrying on before we headed out to the Guinness pub again. I love that little Irish pub. They always have live music playing, it's always a fun time and last night I actually met some french people! :) Goal Met!
Today I went to some more orientation meetings, and then headed over to the sports center to sign up. You have to love the french system! You must have this before you can do this, but you won't get that until you have this and you won't have that before this day. Don't forget you need this, this and this. Make sure you go here for this and there for that, etc... blah blah blah. Fml. So I'm going to sign up for snowboarding tomorrow when I get my student card, scuba diving and maybe somethings else if it seems like I will have some time ;) They have EVERYTHING here you could think of.. from fencing to rock-climbing, from scuba diving to rugby, basketball to yoga, etc. You get the point. Think of it, I'm sure it's a sport here.
While I was in town later this day on some tour with InteGre, an organization to help out international students, I decided to depart from them, 1. because my feet were hurting from the new little shoes I bought. 2. because I had a lot of things I needed to do today; and just so happened on the way to the Tram to pass a guitar shop. I stopped in and played with some of the guitars for a while and it felt really good. It's been almost 3 weeks now and my calluses are slowly going away :(
I need money. I'm on zero after tomorrow and I still have to pay my social security and housing insurance. ehh.. too much to do.
Classes start Monday. My french is only improving slowly because I've been around a lot of english speaking people. The french have a way of keeping their distance although there is a group of people who always sit in front of my building that talk to me in French and it helps! They're really nice too!

Alright.. must meet friends at 7pm for dinner!

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)