Saturday, September 5, 2009

A little more of Paris

Such an amazing experience already, yesterday, I met Diana to get our train tickets from Paris to Grenoble. Getting there was quite the adventure. I got lost on the metro, because for some reason only the purple line went to St. Lazare.. I found out the long way. We went to the SNRF (or something like that) and had to use our french in order to get the ticket and our 12-25carte because the teller didn't speak english. But it was okay. We made it through. We walked around quite a bit and took the metro to the 5th district? to grab a drink and sit at an outdoor cafe to people-watch. We ended up at this little bakery and talked for a while as we enjoyed Parisian life. After Diana left, Jean-Mark came to pick me up and we went to Notre Dame and walked around Paris while waiting to have dinner with a couple of his friends. We ate at a restaurant that was delicious (I don't remember the name) and I enjoyed all the french surrounding me.
Next: THE OZ. This is a bar/ dance club and Sofie, Jean-Mark and myself heading to this wonderful place where we danced the night away until 4am!
Jean-Mark and I searched for an open McDonald's but unfortunately, they're not 24/7 like in the United States. So we went to the only open place= Gyro's et Frites and finally heading back and got home somewhere around 5am.
Today was a very lazy day other than having to wake up at 9:30am to go open a bank account and try to get a phone.
Once again, I wasn't able to get a phone because I didn't have something they needed from the bank, which I don't receive for another week or so... just my luck.
We came back and took a long nap and then sat around to watch the new 90210 en francais before heading over to Fred's new flat for her house warming party.
It's already been so much fun since I've been here.
I need to start speaking french more... but I bet that will come more when I get to Grenoble.
more updates as the days unfold!

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)