Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Better days

Finally, I was switched to the other class... although it may be a little more difficult, it's still a blessing. I wasn't sitting there wanting to melt away in my chair because I was so bored.
I feel like I'm able to understand french more, even if I still can't speak it well (good sign?) let's hope so.
It's been hard trying to plan everything for the trips we want to take, and it's going to add up. I'm already poor. But I guess I expected this. I must do it while I have the opportunity!! Morocco, Eastern Europe, etc. Who knows when I'll get the chance again.
There was an international coffee today. Met some really cool people. Got a few compliments on my french (even the french couldn't hear my american accent!) It wasn't until I didn't understand the next thing he said that he realized I didn't actually speak french! lol
quite embarrassing-
I have to do some homework that I'm avoiding... I'm not used to having homework every night. I feel like I'm back in middle school.

Today I realized something: It's not age that makes you wise, it's experience.

I'm looking out my window and see something blinking in the distance. I can't tell whether it's a star in the sky, or a very dim light flickering on top of the mountain... maybe I'll ponder that for a while trying to think of how scared I am to make a 5 min oral presentation tomorrow on a topic I haven't even decided yet. (Changes in ___ (our country)- Thought: From 1954-2008 African American influence on America?

Second realization: I never called the United States, America, until I moved here.
Now, I'm from America, or Les Etats Unis (which is the Unites States in french- but I use America more now).

Still freakin' out that I can't find my flash drive... maybe someone stole it?

Ready for the snow... to snowboard... for the cold. I've already lost half my tan...

I think it's a star.

La lune est brillant!

A demain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)