Saturday, September 12, 2009

First night out with new friends!

Woah! Last night was awesome!
Not only did I speak French the entire night, I had a blast doing it :)
I went with some new friends to this little pizzeria where I had "le pizza 4 fromage!"
It was good, but there was some sort of cheese that I would definitely not prefer on a pizza but just on bread. It didn't mix well with the other flavors. I feel like that's weird for me to say.. humm?
The nights have been beautiful and the crisp air is good for my allergies (not my cold though!) I walk everywhere here and if I continue the way I have been eating and all the walking I've been doing, I'm going to be a rail by the time I get back.
Last night showed just how much walking we do here. After the exciting Tram ride to the city center or MC2 stop where we met a lot of other students and where the Disco Tech was, we enjoyed a fun filled night of speaking french, dancing and mingling! I didn't realize how much I liked that kind of music until last night. It's so easy to dance to!!! (And Jessica, I even made sure to dance your dance, especially for you! I wish you were here with me!) Unfortunately there was this really drunk girl there that I wanted to punch in the face because she was all over the place and even stepped on my freakin' foot (and that really hurt, and it's still... hurting!- Ref. Ouch,Charlie bit my finger!)
So by this time is was.. I dunno, let's say 4am when they closed, so we had 3 options... wait around until 5:20AM for the first TRAM of the morning, call a taxi or start walking.... Well, I don't know how we came to choose the walking option, but 5 or so miles and an 1 hour and 1/2 later, we make it to our residences.. as we see the first TRAM passing us on the way. Over all, it was quite a fun night. Can't wait to see what happens tonight!!
Orientation starts Monday, I need a phone very badly, I need more money, and everything closes early here. I think my cold is finally starting to go away though.. I wonder if it was the 5 mile walk last night with just a tank top on that triggered the departure.. Something to ponder!?

A DEMAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)