Sunday, September 6, 2009

Versailles et Le Arc de Triomphe

Today was another day of exploration! So many pictures!

This morning, Jean-Mark, his mom and I went to the market. How I love Europe!
It was everything you see in the movies. There are vendors everywhere; fish, cheese, fruit meat- all fresh! There are vendors with clothes for so cheap. 5 Euro for a pair of really nice jeans, shirts, dresses, etc. Shoes, boots for 10 Euro, it's amazing. I wanted to buy so much but stopped myself because I knew it would be hard to carry everything to Grenoble. I hope they have these markets in Grenoble, and for that inexpensive price!
Jean-Mark's mom made some really good lasagna, but it's not like lasagna in the U.S... there were vegetables, onions, different meat, and of course cheese, but it tasted completely different. Of course I picked out the veggies and onions, but it was still very good.
We then went to pick up Diana and we all went to le Chateaux de Versailles! I didn't go the first time, so it was a new experience for me. Actually today was an entire new Parisian experience for me. Because after Versailles we went to a cute little Cafe on Le Champs Elysee and got a drink before going up Le Arc de Triomphe to watch the sunset. Paris is so beautiful at dusk.

More adventures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)