Saturday, September 19, 2009

Playing some Catch Up!

I officially have internet in my room now! YAY! :)
Although, I haven't been on it much since I've been trying to stay out and live it up before classes start on Monday.
I must update on the last few days. It's been pretty awesome, I must say.
Thursday was supposed to be the day to get things taken care of.. and only one that actually happened. I'm getting pretty fed up with the lunch breaks here being 2 hours long! Needless to say, I have a lot more to do when the week starts back up on Monday, along with the headache of french that's going to come my way! On another note, Thursday has been so far one of the coolest days yet. I only think this is because I got to dress really country (more explanation later). After some friends and I were coming back from le centre ville, we went to the Closing Ceremony for Welcome week and followed a really awesome band, listening to them play as the tunes rolled through the campus. The final stop landed in front of EVE (an on campus student organization, restaurant and bar) where were saw loads of people dressed in Old Western gear... I forgot I had seen the flyer about it! People here really go all out for it and I love it! You could never find so many participants like that in the U.S. So Richy and I decided to head back, put on some western gear and head back over to join the crowd. I saw a guy I had met earlier in the evening while signing up for an audition for a musical(yes, I'm going to audition for a french musical-wish me luck!) and talked with him in french for a bit after dancing to Cottin Eyed Joe in my short jean skirt, black tank with a white button up tee tied at the waist and my boots.. not to forget the awesome braided pigtails! Country!?
That night didn't stop here.. I followed the road back to Berlioz (my residence) and went to a soiree with a huge group of friends that ended up in the middle of a "football" field.. nice- and so much french!

That moves me to yesterday... the things that were supposed to be taken care of Thursday, still didn't get finished Friday.. But the evening was spectacular. We had a wonderful sit down dinner with dessert at Villa Borghese Ristorant at Place Claveyson. Mirion (our waitress) invited us out to the NOX club, and of course we were all for it! Before going to the NOX, we hit up my favorite little Irish pub again, went back to change for the second time (into dress attire) and then headed to the club. From there we danced the night away until 4:15am and then walked back to our residences. Woah, I bet I burned 1000 calories last night!

Today I woke up to go to the market, but when I got there, it was only food products, and as much as I love food.. I'm trying to stay away from eating too much of it! Man did I just want to buy all of the cheese though!
I walked around by myself all day, soaking up the culture and the hot sun shining over the mountains while I watched all the people walk around me.
I wish I had Oeli! I miss his so much. Everyone has dogs around here, and they take them wherever they go... today I saw a mini dachshund and I couldn't help the frown that came over my face. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera this weekend (due to a dead battery) but the memories are priceless. Images of pigeons pecking at my feet as I sit on a bench in a newly discovered area of Grenoble with the smell of fresh air and freshly baked bread is still burning in my mind.

It's only been a week and 2 days since I arrived here but it hasn't failed my expectations yet. It's been quite a saving grace.. but.

Just a few short little poems I've written in the past few days:
As days count down.. I feel my heart ache more Tears fall to the floor I pick myself off the ground. The mountains hiding my sorrow And surrounded by new faces I move along these new places But I will still see your face tomorrow.
: Today is a day I'm fighting hard.. To forget about the battle scars When the wind rolls by Please take my thoughts And take them anywhere I'm not.
: High mountains block the sun to shine.. Clouds roll in to chill my day It's hot out but still I hide To camouflage this dismay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)