Monday, September 7, 2009

Eiffel Tower, Moulin Rouge, Montmartre!!! Day 4 of Paris Exploration :)

I walked so much today I was exhausted by the time we sat down for dinner in a quite little French Chinese restaurant in Jean-Mark's ville Reuil Malmaison. Did you know that General Tso's Chicken was actually not a real chinese dish. It's roots are uncertain but it's been discovered that it became popular only in the United States and Canada. I wish I had've known this before trying to order it here in France. JM and I had a really nice, long and relaxing dinner over wine, our meals, my sad attempts at french and deep thought.

We set out around 12 noon and headed to Montmartre, a beautiful history church at the top of the hill in Paris, seen from everywhere. But stopped by Moulin Rouge first to see the Red Windmill at work. Well of course you know it doesn't actually spin, but I got some great photos of that "part of town!"
In the church we saw this girl alone..she had been up in the tower with us and then we saw her again in the crypt, so of course, knowing me, I went up to her to ask her if she was by herself. Just my luck, she didn't speak english, even worse, she didn't speak french! Last resort, using the little spanish my roommate Sarah taught me to communite. (Not the correct spelling) "Me amamo Kristi!" etc. We were going to invite her to join us on our adventure through Paris, but being as we both spoke no spanish, we figured that might be a little confusing. So we said our goodbyes.

In Montmartre, I love the little cobblestone streets and small cafe's that bring character to this town. It's so different from the city of Paris that you could kind of consider it its own small village, says JM. And you can definitely see where he's coming from. We ate ice cream and laughed as a vendor told some girls who didn't know french that the flavors were "la voiture, la rue, les autoroutes" In english- "the car, the road, and the highways!" They all sound like great flavors to me! I think I'll have la rue!

It was such a beautiful day today. I wish I had worn a sun dress. The breeze felt wonderful and the air was soft and warm. Jean-Mark and I sat in front of the Eiffel Tower for about an hour, just soaking up the sun and the thought of being where we were. I played in the water and took pictures and just relaxed until it was time to meet JM's best friend. We walked around a little and the headed back home.

Over all- an amazing day!
2 days until Grenoble!

3 comments:

  1. Well, if comments are a must ... :)

    Once again, awesome. Glad you're having such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blogs Kristi!
    Hope you continue to have a great adventure!
    Be safe! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad! I hope you like them!!
    and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a Must! :)