Monday, September 21, 2009

Nights In and the Bastille

Saturday night was just a nice night of staying in, playing some cards and a crap load of laughter. I think Luke laughed so hard that he couldn't breathe> come to think of it, we all did.. fighting over coins and falling to the floor. (We played a variation of spoons) which I then suggested to some other friends the next night. All in all, hilariousness!
Yesterday I went with Tatiana to grab lunch. A huge plate full of delicious Mussels and fries for just 5Euro. That's my kind of deal. The goal was to get organized, and get everything planned out for the week, all written down in my planner, but that failed when someone suggested to head up to the Bastille.
Such a great idea. It was a very nice day. A few drops of rain at the top of the mountain, but perfect weather otherwise. Not to mention I got a hell of a workout hiking back down the mountain. My legs were shaking by the time we made it to the bottom and I was exhausted.
I headed back with some of the group afterward and then went to Richy's for dinner with some other friends. A delicious meal was made in the common kitchen and we sat down and all ate together, pretty awesome I thought, knowing that never happened at VCU for me. We played every card game we could think of and dreaded having to wake up early this morning for our first day of classes.
Today turned out pretty well though. I got a lot taken care of. I still don't have a bank card, meaning I still don't have a phone. I also got placed in the second lowest level of french (GO ME!) because I got really nervous during our oral exam and froze half the time, thinking too much about what she was saying and what I was trying to say. As I watched her write A2 on the sheet, I couldn't help but become a little discouraged.
Didn't stop me for long though.
I haven't done much else today besides play on the computer. It's great to have internet. Even though I have no phone, I feel like I have some kind of connection to the rest of the world now.
Tomorrow is Officially our first day of our french class, at 8:30am... who wants to get up that early, really!?

More updates on how bad my french really is.. bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a Must! :)